REQUEST FOR LECTURE PROPOSALS
Deadline for Submissions is November 15, 2013 – Mount Vernon, Washington.
The Washington State Genealogical Society Annual Conference, co-hosted by the Skagit Valley Genealogical Society, located in Skagit County, and the Stillaguamish Valley Genealogical Society, located in Snohomish County, jointly announce a request for Lecture proposals for the WSGS Annual Conference “Improved Genealogy Through Better Methodology” to be held August 15-16, 2014, in Arlington, Washington. The deadline for submission of lecture proposals is November 15, 2013.
The 2014 WSGS Annual Conference theme, “Improved Genealogy Through Better Methodology”, has specific meaning.
1) It enhances and implies better ways for researching our ancestors. Our program will be guided by instruction in how-to improve our researching methods and thus obtaining better results.
2) Ethnic topics may be considered. Topics relating to the Methodology on a number of related topics will be appreciated.
The program committee specifically seeks new proposals that will provide exceptional and unique educational experiences for conference attendees. Proposals for sponsored talks are encouraged.
Categories for submissions include:
- Focus on Society Management
- Strategies for Research
- Military Records
- Record Types
- Ethnic Groups (e.g. Quakers, Amish, Native American etc.)
Send proposals in PDF or Microsoft Word format. File names should include your last name, first initial, and proposal topic. (Example: RasarH – Computer Organization of Files). Each proposal should include:
- Speaker(s) name.
- Speaker(s) contact information, including mailing address, phone, email, fax, and website, if applicable.
- Prior speaking experience. Speakers who have not spoken at a state conference are encouraged to submit a video, audiotape, or CD recording of a recent lecture by either email or mail.
- Speaker(s) biography for syllabus (1 page or less)
- Speaker(s) camera ready photograph for brochure and syllabus
- Speaker(s) brief biography for brochure (50 word maximum).
- Lecture title (not to exceed 10 words).
- Lecture brochure description (40 word maximum).
- Lecture outline/summary.
- Lecture audio-visual requirements for power point lectures presentation. WSGS will attempt to provide projectors and laptops for all presentations.
- Intended audience level: please specify level, beginner, intermediate, advanced.